Spirit of the St. Croix Art Festival
In partnership with Hudson Area Chamber of Commerce & Tourism Bureau
Lakefront Park – Hudson, Wisconsin
September 24, 2022, Saturday 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
September 25, 2022, Sunday 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
CALL FOR ARTISTS
A juried art fair, featuring 80+ regional artists with fine art and traditional crafts for sale. Attendance at this annual art event continues to grow and attracts more than 8,000 visitors to Hudson’s historic downtown and scenic Lakefront Park on the St. Croix River.
ART SHOW ELIGIBILITY
- Representatives from The Phipps Visual Art Council and the Hudson art community will jury applications with a focus on fine art and traditional crafts.
- Absolutely NO manufactured, commercial or imported products will be accepted. Misrepresentation of manufactured items may be refused entry or asked to leave. No refund of fees paid will be granted.
- Artists may only exhibit work in the category in which they are accepted.
- Prizes will be awarded to “Best of Show” ($150), second ($100), and third ($50) place winners. “Best of Show” winner also receives free admittance into the following year’s show.
ARTISTS MAY apply ONE OF THREE WAYS
Via mail by sending the following application and (5) images of your work, including one of your booth display to: Spirit of the St Croix Art Festival, The Phipps Center for the Arts, 109 Locust Street Hudson, WI 54016
- Include the Booth Fee of $200 in the form of a check or credit card number. Checks and credit cards will not be processed until after the jury review and the artist has been notified of acceptance.*
- Include a Wisconsin tax ID number – a 15 digit, most of which begin with #456.
(If you do not have a WI tax number, contact the Wisconsin Department of Revenue at 608-266-2776 and they will issue one for a fee. Proof of application will be accepted.)
Via e-mail by sending the following information to email@example.com.
- (5) digital photographs, including one of your booth displaying all items to be sold.
- Images are requested to be between 1 – 4 MB in size each.
- Each image should be labeled with the following: Artist last name_image number (Smith_#.jpg)
- Include a thumbnail page with your application, having each image labeled with the following: Artist’s name, medium, retail price, dimensions and image number (1-5). We will match your photos to your application when it is received.
- A word document of the following application, including a Wisconsin Tax ID number and credit card number. Credit cards will not be processed until after the jury review and the artist has been notified of acceptance.*
- Download application -Word, Download application – PDF. Mail a copy of completed application form to:
The Phipps Center for the Arts
109 Locust Street
Hudson, WI 54016
ATTN: Spirit of the St Croix Art Festival
The initial deadline for applications is March 1, 2022. The second deadline for applications is May 1, 2022. Applications received after this date will be considered periodically until the fair is full.
*In case of cancellation prior to September 1, 2022, a refund will be issued less a $40.00 cancellation fee. After September 1, 2022, the fee is not refundable.
- Outdoor exhibit spaces are directly on grass and measure 10’ x 10’.
- Exhibitors are responsible for their own tent, display tables, and other needs within their exhibit space.
- Electricity is not available.
SET-UP TIMES (subject to change, based on COVID-19 safety guidelines)
- Friday, September 23, from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. and Saturday, September 24, from 6:00 am – 9:45 a.m.
- Volunteers will be available to guide vehicles to unload at a location as close to your assigned space as possible. Vehicles will not be allowed on the grass. Each vendor will receive one parking pass for an adjacent lot. Trailers cannot be parked in this lot; trailer parking is available five blocks away.
- Security will be provided around the clock starting Friday at 7:00 p.m. through Sunday until 4:00 p.m.
- All displays must remain until 4:00 p.m. on Sunday.
- Exhibitors are responsible for cleaning up their exhibit space.