The Phipps Center for the Arts COVID Safety Protocols
The Phipps is excited to have you back with us, though your experience may be a little different than before. We have incorporated enhanced health and safety measures—for you and all participants—based on guidance from health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and appropriate government agencies. If you plan on coming to The Phipps, we ask that you adhere to the following safety protocols.
We encourage all participants to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19 prior to visiting The Phipps Center.
- Do you have: a fever or feel feverish, chills, a new cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, muscle aches, a new headache, a new loss of taste or smell?
- Do you feel well, but someone in your household DOES NOT and are experiencing any of the above symptoms?
- Have you been in close contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19?
If you answered YES to any of these questions above, please stay home.
General Safety and Hygiene Protocols
- Please enter through the front doors, sign in will be required to enter the building.
- Facemasks will be available at The Phipps for a suggested donation of $1.00 if you do not have your own.
- Rehearsal rooms, studios, and performance areas will be disinfected in between usages.
- Hand Sanitizer stations will be available throughout the building.
- No food or beverages will be allowed in the building (except for water).
- Drinking fountains will not be available, please bring your own water.
- All are discouraged of any gathering in common areas.
- For any events in the theaters, there will be social distancing for seating.
- We encourage participants to wash or disinfect their hands frequently.
- Air flow has been increased throughout the building.
- A limit of two (2) persons or one household unit will be allowed in an elevator at a time.
- Restroom occupations will be limited (signs will be posted with maximum number).
If you are diagnosed with COVID-19, the following protocol must be followed:
- Contact The Phipps and provide date of diagnosis.
- Participants diagnosed will not be allowed to resume participation until quarantine period has been met and the patient cleared by a doctor for reentry.
Notification of Potential Exposure
- The Phipps is maintaining entry logs of all participants coming in and out of the building.
- If we are notified of a participant within the building that has been diagnosed with COVID-19, participants that may be exposed will be notified directly within 24 hours of the Center first becoming aware.
- In all notifications, the identity of the diagnosed individual will be kept confidential.
Non-Attendance due to potential COVID-19 symptoms or illness
- As individuals showing symptoms are encouraged not to attend, accommodations will be made in advance or after to reschedule or refund your purchase.
- If you are part of an immunocompromised high-risk group or cannot wear a mask due to an illness, we encourage you to not attend at this time and take advantage of our virtual options.
- If you are in need of other accommodations, please contact us for options.
Email: info@ThePhipps.org or call: 715.386.2305