Find out more about theater auditions.
July 14 - 30, 2023
|Murdered to Death||Jul 14 - Jul 30||LEARN MORE|
|9 to 5: The Musical||Sep 15 - Oct 08||LEARN MORE|
|Kick the Bucket List: The World According to AARP||Oct 20 - Oct 22||LEARN MORE|
|Wrapped Up In Red||Dec 01 - Dec 17||LEARN MORE|
|Jeeves in Bloom||Apr 12 - Apr 28||LEARN MORE|
|Arsenic and Old Lace||Jul 12 - Jul 28||LEARN MORE|
Find out more about auditions.
|The Legend of Sleepy Hollow||Oct 20 - Nov 05||LEARN MORE|
|Tuck Everlasting||Feb 16 - Mar 03||LEARN MORE|
|The Further Adventures of Nick Tickle, Fairy Tale Detective||May 03 - May 19||LEARN MORE|
June 4 - 2:00 p.m.
Twin Cities Gay Men’s Chorus (TCGMC) celebrates its 42nd season of choral artistry in 2022-23! TCGMC Chamber Singers and OutLoud! are two auditioned community engagement ensembles made up of singers from the large ensemble.
June 17 - 7:30 p.m.
Charanga Tropical performs with an instrumentation that dates back to the roots of Cuban music featuring a sizzling Latin rhythm section, three violins, vocalists, and flute.
June 23 - 7:30 p.m.
The Good, the Bad, and the Funky has been called the “Midwest’s premier soul-funk band."
|Twin Cities Gay Men's Chorus||Jun 04||LEARN MORE|
|Charanga Tropical||Jun 17||LEARN MORE|
|The Good, the Bad, and the Funky||Jun 23||LEARN MORE|
|Minnesota Orchestra at the Bandshell||Jul 07||LEARN MORE|
|St. Croix Valley Opera Cabaret||Sep 30||LEARN MORE|
|Monroe Crossing||Oct 14||LEARN MORE|
|Dennis James Accompanying: The Hunchback of Notre Dame||Oct 29||LEARN MORE|
|The Elvis Series: “Walk a Mile in My Shoes” | Part I: 1954-1967, The Rockabilly Show||Nov 04||LEARN MORE|
|A Brass and Organ Holiday||Dec 21||LEARN MORE|
|Colleen Raye’s New Year’s Eve at the Phipps||Dec 31||LEARN MORE|
|The Broadway and Hollywood Songbook||Jan 28||LEARN MORE|
|The Elvis Series: “Walk a Mile in My Shoes” | Part II: ‘68 TV Special, The Comeback||Mar 16||LEARN MORE|
|Nathan Avakian||Mar 24||LEARN MORE|
|St. Croix Valley Opera Cabaret||Apr 13||LEARN MORE|
|Sing Me a Country Song: Great Country Duets, Hits, and More!||May 11||LEARN MORE|
|The High 48s||Jun 01||LEARN MORE|
|The Elvis Series: “Walk a Mile in My Shoes” | Part III: 1969-1977, The Return||Jun 15||LEARN MORE|
Current Galleries Exhibitions
May 12 - July 9, 2023
Art Bench Trail
Art meets nature.
|Wrapped Up in Red||Dec 01 - Dec 17||LEARN MORE|
Become a Member
Sponsor a Show
Volunteer at The Phipps
Summer Arts Camp 2023
February 24 - April 9, 2023
A juried exhibition inspired by the love of family, community, and the arts to celebrate the 40th anniversary of The Phipps Center for the Arts
The Phipps Center for the Arts was founded in 1983 by community members who contributed their skills, talents and time to create a home for the arts, with the vision that lives of people living in Hudson, throughout the St. Croix River Valley and the Twin Cities metro area would be enriched. This love of the arts and the strong connection to building community through the arts continues to thrive at The Phipps.
The ruby is identified with 40th anniversaries as a symbol of love, generosity, energy and success – all necessary attributes to nurture any endeavor over such a long and sustained period of time. The ruby’s deep red color suggests a myriad of possible metaphors related to the heart, blood, fire, etc. To celebrate this milestone for The Phipps, the Visual Arts Council seeks submissions from local and regional artists that are inspired by the ruby’s symbolic attributes. We seek creative expressions exploring deep personal meaning, as well as work using the theme as a means to address broad social, cultural and environmental issues.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: October 2, 2022
Artists may submit up to four pieces. Submissions may be finished pieces or proposals for new work. All media will be considered. Selected artists working in digital media/video installation must provide their own equipment. Submissions will be juried by members of the Visual Arts Council, which is comprised of artists, arts professionals, and art enthusiasts from the area. Artists will be notified by e-mail of the jury’s decision on or before November 1, 2022 and artwork must be delivered to The Phipps on February 22, 2023.
To Submit Existing Artwork (each artist may submit up to four pieces)
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "RUBYRED - artist last name" and:
1) attach a jpeg image of each work you want to submit. Name each jpeg as follows: artist last name_artist first name_title of piece. If you think it will help the jury, you may also include a detail image or, If the piece Is 3-d, include an Image from a different angle. If your work Is better represented with a video, please contact email@example.com.
2) in the body of the e-mail, provide artist first and last name, daytime phone number, and a list of the jpegs submitted. Include media and dimensions for each piece and any other Information you think will help the jury.
To Submit a Proposal for a New Artwork
- Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "RUBYRED - artist last name - proposal" and:
1) attach jpeg images of up to three existing artworks that are similar in style or approach to the new piece(s) you propose to create. Name each jpeg as follows: artist last name_artist first name_title of piece.
2) in the body of the e-mail, provide artist first and last name, daytime phone number, and a list of the jpegs submitted. Include media and dimensions for each piece and any other Information about the piece(s) you think will help the jury.
3) in the body of the e-mail, briefly describe the artwork(s) you propose to create, including approximate dimensions. Specify the number of pieces you are proposing and provide any other information you think will help the jury. If you want to add sketches or any Information that cannot be written in the e-mail, send as an attachment to the e-mail and name as follows: artist last name_artist first name_proposal.
Note: Insurance is provided for all artwork while at The Phipps. Artwork is not insured in transit. Artists must deliver and pick up their work in person or arrange for shipping. All shipping costs are the responsibility of the artist. No reproductions will be accepted. Sales made during the exhibition will be administered by The Phipps at a 40 percent commission. The Phipps will be responsible for collecting sales tax. Payment for artwork sold will be made within 30 days after the exhibit closes.
Questions about a Call for Artists? Contact Anastasia at The Phipps by phone (715) 386-2305 or by email.
Stay In Touch