Find out more about theater auditions.
November 18 - December 18
March 24 - April 8, 2023
|White Christmas - SOLD OUT||Nov 18 - Dec 18||LEARN MORE|
|Something Rotten! The Musical||Mar 24 - Apr 08||LEARN MORE|
|Murdered to Death||Jul 14 - Jul 30||LEARN MORE|
Find out more about auditions.
Disney's Descendants Auditions
November 28 & 29
Elves got talent!
December 2 - 18
|North Pole's Got Talent & The Great North Pole Bake-Off||Dec 02 - Dec 18||LEARN MORE|
|Disney's Descendants||Feb 17 - Mar 05||LEARN MORE|
|Little Red Robin Hood||May 05 - May 21||LEARN MORE|
What Sweeter Music
Twin Cities Trumpet Ensemble joins forces with organist Bill Chouinard
Featuring Jennifer Eckes and friends, for a special holiday cabaret edition
|The Phipps Festival Chorus Holiday Concert||Dec 03 - Dec 04||LEARN MORE|
|A Brass and Organ Holiday||Dec 20||LEARN MORE|
|St. Croix Valley Opera’s Holiday Cabaret||Dec 22||LEARN MORE|
|Colleen Raye’s Swingin’ and Rockin’ in the New Year||Dec 30 - Dec 31||LEARN MORE|
|Girls Night Out||Jan 14||LEARN MORE|
|An Evening with Ella||Jan 28||LEARN MORE|
|A Billy Joel State of Mind||May 06||LEARN MORE|
|The Music of Adele||May 13||LEARN MORE|
|TCGMC Chamber Singers and OutLoud! Ensemble||Jun 04||LEARN MORE|
|Charanga Tropical||Jun 17||LEARN MORE|
|The Good, The Bad, and The Funky||Jun 23||LEARN MORE|
Ballroom and Latin Dance Classes
|The Phipps Dance Company Concert||Apr 21 - Apr 23||LEARN MORE|
February 24 - April 9, 2023
A juried exhibition inspired by the love of family, community, and the arts to celebrate the 40th anniversary of The Phipps Center for the Arts
The Phipps Center for the Arts was founded in 1983 by community members who contributed their skills, talents and time to create a home for the arts, with the vision that lives of people living in Hudson, throughout the St. Croix River Valley and the Twin Cities metro area would be enriched. This love of the arts and the strong connection to building community through the arts continues to thrive at The Phipps.
The ruby is identified with 40th anniversaries as a symbol of love, generosity, energy and success – all necessary attributes to nurture any endeavor over such a long and sustained period of time. The ruby’s deep red color suggests a myriad of possible metaphors related to the heart, blood, fire, etc. To celebrate this milestone for The Phipps, the Visual Arts Council seeks submissions from local and regional artists that are inspired by the ruby’s symbolic attributes. We seek creative expressions exploring deep personal meaning, as well as work using the theme as a means to address broad social, cultural and environmental issues.
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: October 2, 2022
Artists may submit up to four pieces. Submissions may be finished pieces or proposals for new work. All media will be considered. Selected artists working in digital media/video installation must provide their own equipment. Submissions will be juried by members of the Visual Arts Council, which is comprised of artists, arts professionals, and art enthusiasts from the area. Artists will be notified by e-mail of the jury’s decision on or before November 1, 2022 and artwork must be delivered to The Phipps on February 22, 2023.
To Submit Existing Artwork (each artist may submit up to four pieces)
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line "RUBYRED - artist last name" and:
1) attach a jpeg image of each work you want to submit. Name each jpeg as follows: artist last name_artist first name_title of piece. If you think it will help the jury, you may also include a detail image or, If the piece Is 3-d, include an Image from a different angle. If your work Is better represented with a video, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) in the body of the e-mail, provide artist first and last name, daytime phone number, and a list of the jpegs submitted. Include media and dimensions for each piece and any other Information you think will help the jury.
To Submit a Proposal for a New Artwork
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject line "RUBYRED - artist last name - proposal" and:
1) attach jpeg images of up to three existing artworks that are similar in style or approach to the new piece(s) you propose to create. Name each jpeg as follows: artist last name_artist first name_title of piece.
2) in the body of the e-mail, provide artist first and last name, daytime phone number, and a list of the jpegs submitted. Include media and dimensions for each piece and any other Information about the piece(s) you think will help the jury.
3) in the body of the e-mail, briefly describe the artwork(s) you propose to create, including approximate dimensions. Specify the number of pieces you are proposing and provide any other information you think will help the jury. If you want to add sketches or any Information that cannot be written in the e-mail, send as an attachment to the e-mail and name as follows: artist last name_artist first name_proposal.
Note: Insurance is provided for all artwork while at The Phipps. Artwork is not insured in transit. Artists must deliver and pick up their work in person or arrange for shipping. All shipping costs are the responsibility of the artist. No reproductions will be accepted. Sales made during the exhibition will be administered by The Phipps at a 40 percent commission. The Phipps will be responsible for collecting sales tax. Payment for artwork sold will be made within 30 days after the exhibit closes.
Questions about a Call for Artists? Contact Anastasia at The Phipps by phone (715) 386-2305 or by email.