Students may enroll for this class In-Person or Online
7:00 – 7:50 p.m.
Requirements: leotards and leggings or fitted dancewear, jazz shoes
Instructor: Kaylie Brand
Dance program classes begin September 14, 2020, second session begins January 24, 2021.
Jazz dance classes will explore the energy, variety, and vitality of classic and contemporary dance styles. Classes will begin with a warm-up to develop strength, flexibility, correct alignment and coordination; followed by progressions across the floor; and culminating in extended combinations. Dancers will learn the importance of emphasizing energy, rhythmical accuracy, and style. The goal is to develop dancers who are expressive, dynamic, musical, and passionate. Students must complete each level in order to advance to the next level. It is common to stay in the same level for two or more years.
Kaylie Brand has been dancing for over 15 years. She was for years a part of The Phipps. She started by taking technique classes, then became a member of The Phipps Dance Company serving as a Co-Captain and more recently choreographed The Phipps Dance Company 2019-2020 Hip-Hop performance. She has also been a part of the Winona State University Hip Hop dance team! Beyond dance, Kaylie has earned her B.S. in Dietetics from the University of Wisconsin-Stout. She is currentlyin the process of becoming a Registered Dietitian andeager to explore her new career on how she can implement her knowledge on fueling for performance.
You may also register by phone with a credit card by calling (715) 386-2305, or online. Fees are due at time of registration. Payment plans can be set up if students are taking multiple classes. Contact the Administrative Offices for registration and payment arrangements.
Phipps Dance Policies
- NEW! Dancers may register for a maximum of two classes. Families may email Pam, email@example.com a “wishlist” of classes they want to take beyond the two they have registered for. One week prior to the session starting we will review the class openings and if spaces remain they will be filled off the waitlists.
- Classes cancelled because of inclement weather will not be rescheduled.
- Instructor’s approval needed for placement unless it is a Beginning class.
- It is common to stay in the same level of a class for two or more years. Instructor approval is needed in order to advance to the next level.
- An instructor may decide to move a student to a more appropriate class.
- Dancers must be the specified age by September 1, 2020
Registration and Payment
- Dance fees are billed on a half-year rate. The full dance year consists of two sessions, and students will have to enroll again if they wish to take the second session.
- All class fees must be paid in advance to attend class. If needed, contact the office to arrange a payment plan.
- Dance terms begin on September 14 and January 24. You are responsible for making sure your fees are paid for the next semester before the class begins. We will send billing notices before the fees are due, but you are responsible even if you don’t receive the notice in a timely fashion.
- A student will only be allowed to attend class if payment has been made.
- If a student tries a class and does not wish to continue, the student may withdraw by notifying the office within 8 weeks of starting and receive a refund for the remaining weeks. No refunds will be given for classes quit after 8 weeks, except in cases of injury, long-term illness, or extraordinary circumstances.
- In order to withdraw from a class, you must notify the administrative office, and not just your teacher.