6:00 – 6:50 p.m.
Requirements: leotards and shorts or fitted dancewear, footwear requirement determined by instructor
Instructor: Stephanie Campbell
Instructor Approval Required for Placement
Dance program classes begin September 14, 2020, second semester begins January 24, 2021.
This class will infuse methods of ballet, jazz, and modern, creating a fluid style of movement that encourages self-expression. Students with prior dance background (1+ year of ballet not including preballet) participate in a warmup, series of across the floor combinations, and a culmination of choreography. The goal is to develop strong, versatile dancers.
Stephanie Campbell graduated with a B.F.A. in Dance from the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point. She has been involved with dance productions at The Phipps Center for the Arts as a dancer and choreographer since 2004. This will be Stephanie’s 16th season teaching dance at The Phipps, and her 15th season being involved with The Phipps Dance Company in a variety of roles –this season as associate director.
You may also register by phone with a credit card by calling (715) 386-2305, or online. Fees are due at time of registration. Payment plans can be set up if students are taking multiple classes. Contact the Administrative Offices for registration and payment arrangements.
Phipps Dance Policies
- NEW! Dancers may register for a maximum of two classes. Families may email Pam, email@example.com a “wishlist” of classes they want to take beyond the two they have registered for. One week prior to the session starting we will review the class openings and if spaces remain they will be filled off the waitlists.
- Classes cancelled because of inclement weather will not be rescheduled.
- Instructor’s approval needed for placement unless it is a Beginning class.
- It is common to stay in the same level of a class for two or more years. Instructor approval is needed in order to advance to the next level.
- An instructor may decide to move a student to a more appropriate class.
- Dancers must be the specified age by September 1, 2020
Registration and Payment
- Dance fees are billed on a half-year rate. The full dance year consists of two sessions, and students will have to enroll again if they wish to take the second session.
- All class fees must be paid in advance to attend class. If needed, contact the office to arrange a payment plan.
- Dance terms begin on September 14 and January 24. You are responsible for making sure your fees are paid for the next semester before the class begins. We will send billing notices before the fees are due, but you are responsible even if you don’t receive the notice in a timely fashion.
- A student will only be allowed to attend class if payment has been made.
- If a student tries a class and does not wish to continue, the student may withdraw by notifying the office within 8 weeks of starting and receive a refund for the remaining weeks. No refunds will be given for classes quit after 8 weeks, except in cases of injury, long-term illness, or extraordinary circumstances.
- In order to withdraw from a class, you must notify the administrative office, and not just your teacher.