An amazing class for students who love the St. Croix River, science and art. Participate in RiverFest programs, paddle a kayak, and transform the seven-foot tall RiverFest mascot, Scrappy the Splashing Bass, using trash from the river. Bring a bag lunch.
Tue – Fri
July 20 – 23
11 am – 3 pm
Fee: $170 (includes kayak rental)
Liz Malanaphy has taught Just Add Water art and nature classes at The Phipps for ten years. The Just Add Water experience is hands-on fun for young artists and scientists who want to learn more about the world around them. Liz is a mother of five who has worked with hundreds of students through the Hudson Destination Imagination program and various other community projects.
What to Wear and Bring to Camp –
Dress to get messy – some art materials may stain. The Phipps is not responsible for clothing that is damaged in art classes. Prepare to be outside and to walk. Dress appropriately, wear a hat, comfortable shoes, and wear and bring sun protection. Bring a nut-free snack to all classes that run two hours or longer. Bring a filled water bottle as water fountains are not available. Class will be held primarily outdoors and in Lakefront Park. If it rains class will be held under tents or moved inside.
We also will be following Covid Protocols similar to Hudson School District.
▪ Face Masks covering mouth and nose are required indoors at all times (unless eating).
▪ Face Masks are required outdoors unless individuals are able to physically distance 6 feet or more.
▪ Students are seated 6 feet apart whenever feasible.
▪ No sharing of supplies/materials.
▪ If there is equipment that needs to be shared, it is disinfected between uses.
▪ Students wash or use hand sanitizer on their hands at beginning of class and when leaving class.