5:20 – 7:10 p.m.
Fee: $160 / session
Director: Greta Lewis
Dance program classes begin September 14, 2020, second session begins January 24, 2021.
The Phipps Junior Dance Company is an auditioned ensemble of dancers in grades 5-8. Dancers work in a variety of styles, culminating in a dance concert in April. Members are required to take at least two technique classes per week at The Phipps in addition to weekly rehearsals.
Greta Lewis has been a dance instructor for 13 years. She has taught at The Phipps since 2015 and is the director of The Phipps Junior Dance Company. Greta has a B.S. in Elementary Education and minor in Dance Education from University of Wisconsin-River Falls. Recently, she was selected by the Wisconsin Department of Education to write the state dance education standards. She has performed as a company member of The Phipps Dance Theater for eight seasons. In addition to teaching dance, Greta is a second grade teacher in the Hudson School District.
You may also register by phone with a credit card by calling (715) 386-2305, or online. Fees are due at time of registration. Payment plans can be set up if students are taking multiple classes. Contact the Administrative Offices for registration and payment arrangements.
Phipps Dance Policies
- NEW! Dancers may register for a maximum of two classes. Families may email Pam, email@example.com a “wishlist” of classes they want to take beyond the two they have registered for. One week prior to the session starting we will review the class openings and if spaces remain they will be filled off the waitlists.
- Classes cancelled because of inclement weather will not be rescheduled.
- Instructor’s approval needed for placement unless it is a Beginning class.
- It is common to stay in the same level of a class for two or more years. Instructor approval is needed in order to advance to the next level.
- An instructor may decide to move a student to a more appropriate class.
- Dancers must be the specified age by September 1, 2020
Registration and Payment
- Dance fees are billed on a half-year rate. The full dance year consists of two sessions, and students will have to enroll again if they wish to take the second session.
- All class fees must be paid in advance to attend class. If needed, contact the office to arrange a payment plan.
- Dance terms begin on September 14 and January 24. You are responsible for making sure your fees are paid for the next semester before the class begins. We will send billing notices before the fees are due, but you are responsible even if you don’t receive the notice in a timely fashion.
- A student will only be allowed to attend class if payment has been made.
- If a student tries a class and does not wish to continue, the student may withdraw by notifying the office within 8 weeks of starting and receive a refund for the remaining weeks. No refunds will be given for classes quit after 8 weeks, except in cases of injury, long-term illness, or extraordinary circumstances.
- In order to withdraw from a class, you must notify the administrative office, and not just your teacher.