5:45 – 6:35 p.m.
Requirements: Please bring a mat and wear very comfortable stretchy clothing.
Instructor: Pat Graf
Dance program classes begin September 14, 2020, second session begins January 24, 2021.
This class will focus on improving core strength and range of movement. We will begin with a warm up to raise the body temperature. Next we’ll focus on sculpting the body including the shoulder girdle, front, sides, back of the torso, hips, thighs and gluteus. Class finishes with stretches and movements to increase range of motion. The purpose of this class is to enrich daily activities with ease of movement, balance and strength. All body types are welcome.
Pat Graf has taught dance in Hudson and the surrounding area for many years. She has a B.A. from the University of Minnesota with a minor in dance. Besides teaching dance Pat teaches group exercise and has a national certification. Her continuing education includes dance at a variety of area schools, certifications from Mossa in Group Core and Group Active, Zumba, Mat Pilates and Barre Connect. She also has special training for classes with senior citizens such as Silver Sneakers Classic, Circuit, Yoga, and Cardio along with Moving for Better Balance.
You may also register by phone with a credit card by calling (715) 386-2305, or online. Fees are due at time of registration. Payment plans can be set up if students are taking multiple classes. Contact the Administrative Offices for registration and payment arrangements.
Phipps Dance Policies
- NEW! Dancers may register for a maximum of two classes. Families may email Pam, email@example.com a “wishlist” of classes they want to take beyond the two they have registered for. One week prior to the session starting we will review the class openings and if spaces remain they will be filled off the waitlists.
- Classes cancelled because of inclement weather will not be rescheduled.
- Instructor’s approval needed for placement unless it is a Beginning class.
- It is common to stay in the same level of a class for two or more years. Instructor approval is needed in order to advance to the next level.
- An instructor may decide to move a student to a more appropriate class.
- Dancers must be the specified age by September 1, 2020
Registration and Payment
- Dance fees are billed on a half-year rate. The full dance year consists of two sessions, and students will have to enroll again if they wish to take the second session.
- All class fees must be paid in advance to attend class. If needed, contact the office to arrange a payment plan.
- Dance terms begin on September 14 and January 24. You are responsible for making sure your fees are paid for the next semester before the class begins. We will send billing notices before the fees are due, but you are responsible even if you don’t receive the notice in a timely fashion.
- A student will only be allowed to attend class if payment has been made.
- If a student tries a class and does not wish to continue, the student may withdraw by notifying the office within 8 weeks of starting and receive a refund for the remaining weeks. No refunds will be given for classes quit after 8 weeks, except in cases of injury, long-term illness, or extraordinary circumstances.
- In order to withdraw from a class, you must notify the administrative office, and not just your teacher.