6:00 – 6:50 p.m.
Requirements: leotards and shorts or fitted dancewear, footwear requirement determined by instructor
Instructor: Megan Bauer
Instructor Approval Required for Placement
Dance program classes begin September 14, 2020, second session begins January 24, 2021.
This class will infuse methods of ballet, jazz, and modern, creating a fluid style of movement that encourages self-expression. Students with prior dance background (1+ year of ballet not including preballet) participate in a warmup, series of across the floor combinations, and a culmination of choreography. The goal is to develop strong, versatile dancers.
Megan Bauer has been dancing, teaching, and choreographing for over 20 years. She has a B.S. in Elementary Education and minor in Dance Education from the University of Wisconsin-River Falls (UWRF). Megan has traveled nationally performing with the Kilgore College Rangerettes, and additionally was the captain of the UWRF Dance Team. She has worked as an instructor and choreographer for American Dance/Drill Team, coached two varsity high school teams in the Twin Cities area, and trained dancers in ballet, lyrical, and jazz at a local studio. Megan also enjoys performing with The Phipps Dance Theater and is looking forward to another great dance season!
You may also register by phone with a credit card by calling (715) 386-2305, or online. Fees are due at time of registration. Payment plans can be set up if students are taking multiple classes. Contact the Administrative Offices for registration and payment arrangements.
Phipps Dance Policies
- NEW! Dancers may register for a maximum of two classes. Families may email Pam, firstname.lastname@example.org a “wishlist” of classes they want to take beyond the two they have registered for. One week prior to the session starting we will review the class openings and if spaces remain they will be filled off the waitlists.
- Classes cancelled because of inclement weather will not be rescheduled.
- Instructor’s approval needed for placement unless it is a Beginning class.
- It is common to stay in the same level of a class for two or more years. Instructor approval is needed in order to advance to the next level.
- An instructor may decide to move a student to a more appropriate class.
- Dancers must be the specified age by September 1, 2020
Registration and Payment
- Dance fees are billed on a half-year rate. The full dance year consists of two sessions, and students will have to enroll again if they wish to take the second session.
- All class fees must be paid in advance to attend class. If needed, contact the office to arrange a payment plan.
- Dance terms begin on September 14 and January 24. You are responsible for making sure your fees are paid for the next semester before the class begins. We will send billing notices before the fees are due, but you are responsible even if you don’t receive the notice in a timely fashion.
- A student will only be allowed to attend class if payment has been made.
- If a student tries a class and does not wish to continue, the student may withdraw by notifying the office within 8 weeks of starting and receive a refund for the remaining weeks. No refunds will be given for classes quit after 8 weeks, except in cases of injury, long-term illness, or extraordinary circumstances.
- In order to withdraw from a class, you must notify the administrative office, and not just your teacher.