A juried art fair, featuring 90 plus regional artists with fine art and traditional crafts for sale. Attendance at this annual art event continues to grow and attracts more than 10,000 visitors to Hudson’s historic downtown and scenic Lakefront Park on the St. Croix River.
ART SHOW ELIGIBILITY
- Representatives from The Phipps Visual Art Council, the Hudson Area Chamber of Commerce & Tourism Bureau and the Hudson art community will focus on original fine art and traditional crafts.
- Absolutely NO manufactured, commercial or imported products will be accepted. Misrepresentation of manufactured items may be refused entry or asked to leave. No refund of fees paid will be granted.
- Artists may only exhibit work in the category in which they are accepted.
- Prizes will be awarded to “Best of Show” ($150), second ($100), and third ($50) place winners. “Best of Show” winner also receives free admittance into the following year’s show.
ARTISTS MAY APPLY ONE OF THREE WAYS
- Via mail by sending the application to:
- The Phipps Center for the Arts
109 Locust Street
Hudson, WI 54016
ATTN: Spirit of the St Croix Art Festival
- Include the Booth Fee of $175.00 in the form of a check or credit card number. Checks and credit cards will not be processed until after the jury review and the artist has been notified of acceptance.*
- Include a Wisconsin tax ID number – a 15 digit number beginning with #456.
(If you do not have a WI tax number, please contact the Wisconsin Department of Revenue at 608-266-2776 and they will issue one for a fee. Proof of ID application will be accepted.)
- 100 promotional postcards will be sent to all accepted artists, free of charge. Additional postcards are available for $8 per 50, which will pay for printing and shipping. To order these, please add cost to booth fee check.
- Via e-mail by sending the following information to email@example.com
- (5) digital photographs, including one of your booth displaying all items to be sold.
- Images are requested to be between 1 – 4 MB in size each.
- Each image should be labeled with the following: Artist last name_image number (Smith_#.jpg)
- Include a thumbnail page with your application, having each image labeled with the following: Artist’s name, medium, retail price, dimensions and image number (1-5). We will match your photos to your application when it is received.
- A word document of the following application, including a Wisconsin Tax ID number and credit card number. Credit cards will not be processed until after the jury review and the artist has been notified of acceptance.*
The initial deadline for applications is March 1, 2019. The second deadline for applications is September 1, 2019. Applications received after this date will be considered until the fair is full.
*In case of cancellation prior to September 1, 2019, a refund will be issued less a $40.00 cancellation fee. After September 1, 2019, the fee is not refundable.
- Outdoor exhibit spaces are directly on grass and measure approximately 10’ x 10’.
- Exhibitors are responsible for their own tent, display tables, and other needs within their exhibit space.
- Electricity is not available.
- Friday, September 27, from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. and Saturday, September 28, from 6:00 am – 9:45 a.m.
- Volunteers will be available to guide vehicles to unload at a location as close to your assigned space as possible. Vehicles will not be allowed on the grass. Each vendor will receive one parking pass for an adjacent lot. Trailers cannot be parked in this lot; trailer parking is available 5 blocks away.
- Security will be provided around the clock starting Friday at 7:00 p.m. through Sunday until 4:00 p.m.
- All displays must remain until 4:00 p.m. on Sunday.
- Exhibitors are responsible for cleaning up their exhibit space.