“Miracle on 34th Street” Auditions
for Adults & Children at The Phipps
Auditions for “Miracle on 34th Street,” adapted by the Mountain Community Theater from the novel by Valentine Davies, based on the 1947 Twentieth Century Fox Academy Award-winning film, will be held Monday and Tuesday, September 13 and 14, 6-9 p.m., with callbacks on Saturday, September 18, 9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., at The Phipps Center for the Arts in Hudson, Wisconsin.
The holiday season is in full swing when a cultured gentleman with twinkling eyes, an ample belly, and a snowy beard is hired as Macy’s department store Santa. He claims his name is Kris Kringle, and soon fills everyone with the Christmas spirit, except for his boss, Doris Walker, who is raising her daughter to not believe in Santa. When Kringle is forced to prove his sanity in court, everyone’s faith is put to the test as young and old alike face the age-old question: Do you believe in Santa Claus?
This community theater production features over 30 speaking roles:
- Susan, a very sensible 7-year-old (children ages 7-13 may audition)
- Doris, Susan’s mother and Macy’s personnel manager, age 30-40
- Fred, friend to Doris and Susan, a lawyer, age 30-40
- Kris Kringle, Santa Claus, age 60-80
- Sawyer, Macy’s vocational guidance counselor, male or female, age 30-60
- Judge Harper, state court judge, age 40-70
- 5 children that can play age 7 (children ages 7-13 may audition)
- 20+ adult roles, all ages
Children and parents are encouraged to audition together.
Rehearsals will be held October 4-November 18 on weeknights and weekends. Most cast members will rehearse three to four times per week.
14 performances will be given:
Fridays and Saturdays, November 19, 20, 26, 27, December 10, 11, 17, and 18 at 7:30 p.m.
Saturdays, December 11 and 18 at 2 p.m.
Sundays, November 21, 28, December 12, and 19 at 2 p.m.
Director John H. Potter most recently staged “A Christmas Carol” and “Pinocchio” for The Phipps.
For further information, contact info@ThePhipps.org.