This class will guide students through a series of fun but focused drawing and painting experiences that introduce important concepts and skills, and allow the opportunity for creative expression. Activities will be varied, age appropriate and involve a variety of media. They will build upon one another to ensure lots of learning while creating several fun, personalized art pieces.
Tue – Fri
July 20 – 23
9 – 11 am
Amy Noonan is a high energy, enthusiastic instructor whose passion for learning and exploration are contagious. Amy strives to create an environment that is engaging, fun and highly productive. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Art Education from the University of Wisconsin, Madison, and a Master of Science in Education-Fine Arts from the University of Wisconsin, River Falls. Amy has been attending workshops, making art and teaching for more than 30 years. Her wide range of experiences, extensive training as a teacher and unique style creates a rich learning environment for students of all ages and experience levels.
What to Wear and Bring to Camp –
Dress to get messy – some art materials may stain. The Phipps is not responsible for clothing that is damaged in art classes. Prepare to be outside and to walk. Dress appropriately, wear a hat, comfortable shoes, and wear and bring sun protection. Bring a nut-free snack to all classes that run two hours or longer. Bring a filled water bottle as water fountains are not available. Class will be held primarily outdoors and in Lakefront Park. If it rains class will be held under tents or moved inside.
We also will be following Covid Protocols similar to Hudson School District.
▪ Face Masks covering mouth and nose are required indoors at all times (unless eating).
▪ Face Masks are required outdoors unless individuals are able to physically distance 6 feet or more.
▪ Students are seated 6 feet apart whenever feasible.
▪ No sharing of supplies/materials.
▪ If there is equipment that needs to be shared, it is disinfected between uses.
▪ Students wash or use hand sanitizer on their hands at beginning of class and when leaving class.