The Phipps Choral Society, in collaboration with Bethel Lutheran Church, Hudson, and Skip James, Bethel Director of Music, will present Handel’s Messiah on Palm Sunday, April 9, 2017.
- No auditions are necessary to be a member of the Choral Society chorus, however a good grasp of basic musicianship skills will be of definite benefit to interested singers.
- Singers are expected to attend the eight weekly rehearsals (two absences are permitted) and the final rehearsal with orchestra and soloists.
- Weekly chorus rehearsals, under the direction of Choral Society director Thomas Dahle, will begin Sunday, February 19, at 2:30 p.m. in the Music Studio of The Phipps Center.
- The final rehearsal with soloists and orchestra is tentatively scheduled for Saturday morning, April 8.
- A $20 membership fee is collected from each participant to help with production costs for the performance.
The performance, led by Skip James, will be given at Bethel’s downtown site, 920 Third Street, Hudson, Wisconsin.