Calling all Movers, Shakers & Makers!
The Phipps Center for the Arts seeks submissions in all visual and performing art forms for:
Galleries Exhibit: August 2 – September 9, 2018
Open Stage Performances: Thursday, August 2, 6 – 8 p.m. and 8 – 10 p.m.
Participants may submit up to two items to be shown in the Galleries Exhibit, and/or sign up to play music, sing, dance, act, or present another creative talent as part of the Open Stage Performances.
All participants must be current members. Not a member? Not a problem – Phipps bylaws allow you to join for as little as a dollar (but thirty is better!) If you are new to The Phipps or have not donated since October 31, 2017, checks can be mailed to The Phipps Center for the Arts, 109 Locust Street, Hudson, WI 54016. Membership can also be paid on the phone via credit card, or in person with cash or credit.
On-line entry forms are due Friday, July 20, 4:00 p.m.
Galleries Exhibit Guidelines:
Submissions for the Galleries Exhibit can include, but are not limited to: drawing, painting, mixed media, photography, sculpture, video, installation, pottery, jewelry, textiles, costuming, glass, architecture, design, and display-ready presentations of work in the literary or performing arts.
- Submissions to hang on the wall must be prepared with a wire securely attached to the back of the frame, or be equipped with 3M removable tabs. If you have questions about how to prepare your submission, e-mail Madeline Larson, Visual Arts Program Assistant, email@example.com or call 715-386-2305.
- Installations and other submissions requiring complicated or extensive set-up must be installed by the artist. Please note this on your entry form and provide details.
- Video artists must supply their own equipment, take measures to ensure its security, and program it with a simple on/off process.
- Insurance is provided for all submissions while at The Phipps Center for the Arts. Items are not insured in transit. The Phipps reserves the right to decline entries.
- Any sales made during the show will be administered by The Phipps at a 40% commission. The price marked on the entry form should include commission. Payment for items sold will be made within 30 days after the exhibit closes.
- Submissions must be dropped off on Tuesday, July 31, between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
- Submissions must be picked up on Monday, September 10, between 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.
Entry forms for Galleries Exhibit can be found at: https://goo.gl/forms/lSXgZoemWIVO5nKv1
Open Stage Performances Guidelines:
We are seeking individual or group instrumentalists, vocalists, dancers, actors, poets, writers, and/or spoken word performers to participate in the Open Stage Performances during the reception for the Galleries Exhibit on Thursday, August 2, from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m., and at the Members Bash fallowing the reception from 8:00 to 10:00 p.m.
- To assist us in planning the Open Stage line ups, all performers must sign up for a dry run at specific times on Monday July 23 or Thursday July 24.
- Members can present compositions that involve non-members including performers under the age of 18. Parents/guardians of underage performers must be present.
Entry forms for open stage performances, including sign-ups to meet with the production coordinator for a dry run can be found at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScxUxtbGje70yLS27IcKBKY9EJeDA936rLCD9kbQM9_99K6cw/viewform?c=0&w=1
Questions? E-mail Madeline Larson, Visual Arts Program Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 715-386-2305.