The Phipps Center for the Arts seeks submissions from artists wishing to consign their work for sale in the Gift Gallery. Artists set prices and receive 60% of sales. The Phipps Visual Arts Council will conduct an annual review of artists in April. This review allows for both an examination of work by new artists and an evaluation of work currently available.
The mission of the Gift Gallery is to sell high quality, unique, and handmade works of art by regional artists. The type of work available includes pottery, woodwork, glass, monotypes, fiber arts, drawings, paintings, photographs, jewelry, and other functional objects. It offers affordable art objects for the serious collector and the casual gift buyer.
The Phipps Gift Gallery has three primary objectives:
1) To provide an attractive and convenient place for interested buyers to see and acquire high quality, unique, and handmade work by regional artists
2) To promote the work of regional artists and to educate the general public about the quality and variety of handmade work made by these artists
3) To generate income from the sale of work to subsidize the general operations of The Phipps Center for the Arts. All work presented in the Gift Gallery is done so on consignment (60% of the sales price to the artist and 40% to The Phipps).
The Review Process
Participating artists will be selected through a jury process. Artists and arts professionals who are members of The Phipps Visual Arts Council will comprise the jury.
Artists who wish to sell through the Gift Gallery must submit the following materials to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, April 6, 2018:
– a current resume, including information about other sales representation
– 4 images of current work numbered and labeled with artist name. ( J_Smith_#.jpg)
– image list corresponding to labeled images including: dimensions, medium, and sales price. (If unable to represent your work using digital files, send photographs, or no more than 4 original works* that would be consigned to the Gift Gallery.)
Artists will be notified by e-mail of the jury’s decision on or before Friday, April 20. Accepted artists must be prepared to deliver their work on Tuesday, May 1.
* Please note that, while exercising all reasonable care, The Phipps cannot assume responsibility for original work submitted.