In partnership with the Hudson Chamber of Commerce and Tourism Bureau, The Phipps is pleased to open our 2018 Spirit of St. Croix Art Festival call for artists. The Spirit of the St. Croix is a juried art fair, featuring 90 plus regional artists with fine art and traditional crafts for sale. This annual event draws over 8,000 visitors to Hudson’s historic downtown and scenic Lakefront Park on the St. Croix River.
This year’s event will be held:
September 22, 2018, Saturday 10:00 am – 5:00 pm
September 23, 2018, Sunday 10:00 am – 4:00 pm
ART SHOW ELIGIBILITY
- Representatives from The Phipps Visual Art Council, the Hudson Area Chamber of Commerce & Tourism Bureau and the Hudson art community will jury submissions with a focus on original fine art and traditional crafts.
- Absolutely NO manufactured, commercial or imported products will be accepted. Misrepresentation of manufactured items may be refused entry or asked to leave. No refund of fees paid will be granted.
- Artists may only exhibit work in the category in which they are accepted.
- There is no fee to apply.
- Booth Fee for selected artists will be $175
Application instructions [Download Application]
- Mail the application to: The Phipps Center for the Arts, 109 Locust Street, Hudson, WI 54016, ATTN: Spirit of the St Croix Art Festival
- If you choose to pay your booth fee by check, please enclose this with your application. Checks will not be processed until after the jury review and the artist has been notified of acceptance.*
- E-mail the following information to email@example.com:
- (5) digital photographs, including one of your booth displaying all items to be sold.
- Images are requested to be between 1 – 4 MB in size.
- Each image should be labeled with the following: Artist last name_image number (Smith_#.jpg)
- Include a thumbnail page with your application, having each image labeled with the following: Artist’s name, medium, retail price, dimensions and image number (1-5). We will match your photos to your application when it is received.
- A word document of the following application, including a Wisconsin Tax ID Number. If you choose to pay by credit card, include your credit card number on the application. Credit cards will not be processed until after the jury review and the artist has been notified of acceptance.*
The initial deadline for applications is March 1, 2018. The second deadline is May 1, 2018. Applications received after this date will be considered until the fair is full.
*In case of cancellation prior to September 1, 2018, a refund will be issued less a $40.00 cancellation fee. After September 1, 2018, the fee is not refundable.