Annual Area High School Art Exhibition | April 13 – May 6, 2018
Every year the Phipps invites students at area high schools to submit one piece for display in our annual high school art exhibition.
Guidelines for Submissions:
- All high school age students in Eastern Minnesota and Western Wisconsin are encouraged to participate in this exhibition.
- One submission per student will be accepted.
- Works in all media, two-dimensional and three-dimensional, will be accepted.
- Two-dimensional work must be no larger than 36 x 36”, and two-dimensional work must be ready to hang, preferably with a picture wire. If the work is unframed, students are required to use 3M Command Picture Hanging Strips on each corner on the back of the piece. Use strips that will hold the weight of the piece. Four additional strips are required for hanging (8 total). Any artwork not following these guidelines will not be shown in the exhibition. NO DUCT TAPE IS ALLOWED FOR HANGING OR FRAMING OR ATTACHING PICTURE WIRES.
- Complete both copies of the submission form below; attach one securely to the artwork and give the other to The Phipps when dropping off the work.
Drop-off Dates | Tuesday, April 10, or Wednesday, April 11, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.at the Phipps.
A professional artist or arts educator from the region will award ribbons for first place, second place, third place, and in other categories. He/She will announce selections at the closing reception and be available to speak with student artists about their work.
There will be a reception for the participating artists, their families, and their teachers on Sunday, May 6, from 1:30 to 3:00 p.m. with a brief program at 2:00 p.m. Participants may pick up their work immediately following the reception, or on Monday, May 7, from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Please be aware that all unclaimed work will become property of The Phipps on Tuesday, May 8.
Questions? Call Anastasia at the Phipps, (715) 386-2305.
Read the submission guidelines carefully for important dates and instructions about how the piece should be prepared: