We are seeking submissions from visual artists in Wisconsin and Minnesota for exhibition opportunities in four public exhibition programs in 2018 – 2019:
- Hudson Hospital & Clinic;
- Westfields Hospital & Clinic in New Richmond, WI;
- Croixdale in Bayport, MN; and
- Woodland Hill in Hudson, WI.*
REGARDING PHIPPS GALLERIES EXHIBITS, PLEASE NOTE:
Exhibitions are currently scheduled in The Galleries of The Phipps through January 2020. Because of this long lead-time, we have suspended review of submissions for future Galleries exhibits for one year. Jury review for Galleries exhibits will resume in 2018.
SUBMISSIONS FOR EXHIBITION OPPORTUNITIES IN FOUR PUBLIC EXHIBITION PROGRAMS IN 2018 MUST BE RECEIVED BY OCTOBER 1, 2017**
Submissions will be considered for all exhibition opportunities, and may be accepted in more than one. Scheduling will be coordinated to avoid overlaps.
Submissions will be juried by members of the Visual Arts Council, which is comprised of artists, arts professionals, and art enthusiasts from the area. All submitting artists will be notified by e-mail of the jury’s decision on or before October 31, 2017.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT NICOLE PEDERSON, VISUAL ARTS ASSISTANT, AT 715.386.2305, or PhippsAnnualCall@gmail.com.
* In 2001, The Phipps and Hudson Hospital embarked on an innovative collaboration to exhibit original work by regional artists throughout the hospital and specialty clinics. At any given time, work by approximately 20 artists is on temporary display in waiting areas, conference rooms, patient and staff corridors, procedure rooms, and patient rooms.
In 2006, The Phipps expanded its outreach exhibition program to Croixdale, a senior housing center in Bayport, Minnesota. Work is displayed in the most public areas of this new facility on a rotating basis.
In 2013, The Phipps expanded its outreach exhibition program to Westfields Hospital in New Richmond, Wisconsin. Also on a rotating basis, work is displayed in waiting areas, patient and staff corridors, and other public spaces.
In 2016, The Phipps once again expanded its outreach exhibition program to Woodland Hill. Also on a rotating basis, work is displayed in two public locations, along main corridors on the first and second floors.